Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Leaving Home...



I'm surprised on how many mothers cry just when they had to leave their child to study abroad...
But I won't--I said this to myself and my husband.....

They've grown up, it's a good thing that they'll learn how to take care of their selves...
I looked around at the airport and questioning myself which mom's gonna sob...

But I won't grab any tissues after watching my daughter wenny went abroad. I'm more tough than these moms. Why you cry and sob just because your daughter's grown mature?

My husband and I spend the evening at the airport chatting with other parents, how life change when our child leave home.A woman reminds me that we'll gonna cry along our way home...

My friend, Lisa told me how she and her daughter have fights a week before she left.'I think that's just the way how we're gonna face our life after we separate' she said.'If you quite often have fights with them won't make you too sad with her leaving'...

On the day she left, we help her with her luggages and take her to the airport, there we say goodbyes and hug each others, after that we went home..
See, the women have wrong about this. Her departure isn't that bad.

Three days later, I walked through her room. The door is opened, her bed is neat but all her things has gone. Suddenly, I realized: she's gone.

Then, while I'm cleaning the living room, I think I heard someone call 'Mom' and I turned off the vacuum cleaner so I can hear footsteps entering the door, to answer a child called. Then I realized, Wendy has gone, and will never be the same.

I missed her voice. I want to know what she's doin. I want to sit on my bed at night like usually we do and telling me how her days, her class, teacher, friends, boys who she likes, boys who like her...

'What happened?' My husband asked.'Do you cry?'.
'It's the onion' answers me with watery eyes.
After dinner I said ' Let's call her. Maybe She's waiting our call.'
'She's just arrived there, we better give her time to rest.'said Chuck
Well, it's rite, I don't want to be such a spy mother because I once a girl too.

Then the phone rings.
'Hi Mom' Wenny said. 'Please send me my our family photo in my room. I forgot it'.
She want me to send her father's photo and mine- and her sister's. She's a great time there but she also missed us. And she start telling me about her days, her class, teacher, friends, boys who she likes, boys who like her...

5 comments:

HR said...

kids are allways kids, no matter how old they are.
Hope your daughters have a lots of shiny days.
A Hug from a mother

Lord Story said...

ou that's nice...u must love ur daughters very much...

iriegal said...

Our children will always be our children. They will always be a part of our life. No matter where they go, they are a part of our heart

Anonymous said...

aww i never knew , that's what mothers feel. i too, leave my mom in saudi and the whole family, and flew alone back to philippines..because i need to study for college..and i try hard not to cry..but can't help but cry in the plane. waah i began to miss mom, when i read this post.

^_^ it was inspiring.

Lord Story said...

That's great of you for sharing...
Hope by your missing each other each day can give you a great happiness when you reunite

Your Ad Here

snippet code

 Work At Home